Technology Education is an elective CTE program offered to students in both middle school and high school. Students learn important skills and knowledge for employment and postsecondary education in technology related fields such as engineering, architecture, design, and more. Technology Education students are encouraged to participate in the Technology Student Association (TSA). To learn more about TSA, click here.
Robotics is another important program weaved into Technology Education that is offered to all students starting in 3rd grade. Elementary, middle and high school teams participate in competitions at the regional and state level. Robotics provides students with a deeper understanding of different fields of engineering and programming through applying concepts to create a functional robot!
Learn more about robotics:
And learn more about our STEM Pipeline here.
Technology Education courses include:
- Engineering Explorations I
- Engineering Analysis and Applications II
- Introduction to Technology (Middle school)
- Inventions and Innovations (Middle school)
- Technological Systems (Middle school)
- Technical Drawing and Design (PHCC)*
- Engineering Drawing and Design (PHCC)*
- Architectural Drawing and Design (PHCC)*
- Advanced Drawing and Design (PHCC)*
* indicates a dual enrolled course
Virginia Department of Education Technology Education page