AVID at the secondary schools is part of the Title VI program.
AVID Secondary supports all students at Martinsville Middle School and High School.
In addition to the school-wide program, secondary students may apply to participate in the AVID Elective course.
The AVID Elective selection process:
- Student must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates academic potential through:
- Average to high test scores
- 2.0-3.5 GPA
- College potential with support
- Desire and determination
- Student completes application
- Student is interviewed by AVID site team
Please contact one of the AVID District Directors for an application.
The AVID Parent
- Encourages students to achieve academically
- Participates in the PTO
- Maintains contact with teachers
- Participates in AVID family workshops