The mission of the Martinsville Adult Education Program is to raise the literacy levels of adults 18 and over who do not have a high school or GED® credential.
- Provide high quality customer service to all students
- Contribute to the transition of adults to employment and/or Post-secondary Education
- Increase the number of GED® credentials awarded
Martinsville Adult and Career Education Program has a managed enrollment policy. New students are required to attend 3 days of registration and orientation sessions in order to complete placement testing, counseling, goal setting, and program requirements. New students should attend class after the registration and orientation period. New students who missed the registration and orientation period have the opportunity to use our open computer labs and distance learning program until the next registration/orientation session.
- Daytime: 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday
- Evening: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday
*The Martinsville Adult Education Program follows the Martinsville City Public Schools policy for inclement weather.
New College - King Building
30 Franklin Street
Martinsville, VA 24112