What is CTE?
Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses are designed to teach students academic, technical, and work readiness skills in order to succeed in a global environment. Upon completion of a CTE program, our students are prepared to transition on to postsecondary education or to enter the workforce.
We are proud to offer robust CTE programs to our students beginning in middle school and continuing through high school.
MCPS students have the opportunity to earn college credits through select CTE courses and to prepare for industry credentials related to their programs of study.
Career and Technical Education programs at MCPS cover the following Career Clusters:
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Technology
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics