The Special Education Parent Advisory Committee is an active and supportive group for parents of students with disabilities. The purpose for this committee is to:
- Advise the local school division of the unmet needs in the education of children with disabilities;
- Assist the local division in formulating and developing plans for improving the performance of children with disabilities;
- Participate in developing strategies and priorities for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities;
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations to the division superintendent for transmission to the school board;
- Assist the school division in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the special needs of children with disabilities;
- Review the policies and procedures of special education and related services prior to submission to the local school board and the Virginia Department of Education (through the Annual Plan);
The Special Education Parent Advisory Committee meets quarterly on Thursday nights at 6:00 p.m. in the Community Learning Center at Druid Hills School at 746 Indian Trail.