opens in a new window
Teachers and school staff at any school can apply for grants in the fall. While there is no set limit, past grants have ranged from $100 to more than $1,000. A single class, a grade-level or department team, or even an entire school can apply.
Grant activities are meant to enhance the teaching of the SOLs, so they should be integrated into the curriculum, NOT tacked on at the end of the year as something “extra” and must be completed by the end of the school year.
Grants are NOT for general classroom supplies. Funds cannot be spent on:
- Transportation, including field trips, unless an integral part of the project
- Technology or equipment, unless an integral part of the project.
- Non-instructional consumables (NO food or incentives)
- Professional development for employees
- Activities or events which have already been completed
- Capital improvements or construction
- Materials for the regular instructional program
- Scholarships or college credit classes
Right now, the Endowment fund is not big enough to give grants for extracurricular learning opportunities, like student groups attending conferences or competitions. It is hoped that in the future, funds will allow for support of these kinds of activities.
Instructional Grant Application